Well we are two days away from celebrating GWOD's first anniversary... and WOW! It's been an phenomenal year hosting this site for the thousands of athletes that visit each day and the hundreds of athletes that have attended my seminars. We've had over 1M visits, 350K uniques, and 2.5M pageviews to the site - who would have thought? I'm very thankful for the time you spend with me here and I appreciate the opportunity you've given me to share what I know and practice what I love doing. We will keep this rocking for a long time to come - keep training, and chase quality!
This week we have another video featuring our big guy, Adam - and this time we have the big guy doing L-Seats:
I'd love to hear your story and how GWOD has helped you to improve and overcome any obstacles - please share your story with me in the comments.
Thanks to everyone who's been following us closely, applying the GWOD progressions, and training hard! Many of you have been asking when and where my upcoming Freestyle Connection seminars will be, so we've got a few more lined up for you right here:
- CrossFit Toronto, Toronto Canada - December 3rd, 2011
- CrossFit Verve, Denver CO - December 10 & 11, 2011
- CrossFit Fresno, Fresno CA - December 18, 2011 (SOLD OUT, all proceeds forwarded to Toys for Tots)
- CrossFit Oakland, Oakland CA - January 7, 2012 (half day HSPU & MU workshop)
- CrossFit Vallejo, Vallejo CA - January 8, 2012 (half day workshop)
- CrossFit Providence, Providence RI - January 21, 2012
- CrossFit Long Island City, Long Island City NY - January 22, 2012
- Cape CrossFit, Cape Town, South Africa - February 12, 2012
With the CrossFit Games open is just 3 months away, now is the time to dial in your training and get efficient with ALL of your movements.
This week's progression is the finisher on spotting and practice for handstands:
Con forme vayamos añadiendo capas a nuestra capacidad de trabajo y a nuestra técnica, observamos que el moviemiento se va haciendo más complejo. Complejo no significa necesariamente más difícil de ejecutar, simplemente tiene más partes móviles. Esto en preparación física, es lo que viene a ser la culminación del trabajo o moviemiento funcional.
This week's we continue with the next progression to help you get inverted with confidence:
Stay tuned for more updates about wrapping up this year and bring on the new. Amazing things are about to go down!
First, a huge thanks to Windy City CrossFit in Chicago for hosting a my seminar over the weekend. It was my first time out to the Mid-West and I had an awesome time - you all totally represented! And now I'm looking at the GWOD challenge we threw down a month ago for 2012 seminars... and we have three boxes logging almost 100 GWOD results/comments already? Holy @&#!% 2012 going to be EPIC! SO STOKED.
OK time to deliver on some requests in this next series of progressions - how to overcome the fear of getting inverted into a handstand and other skills. Handstands are not easy, but it's definitely something you can train and practice for. It takes a baby about 1,000 hours of practice from the time they pull themselves upright to the time they can walk alone, so you'd likely have to make a similar commitment if you want to stand and walk on your hands. It's more fun and safer to train with a friend, so we're going to show you how right here:
10 days left to smack this button one more time!
This week we're wrapping up the Burpee Skill Transfer series with one last nugget of knowledge. You've learned now how to jump and stick that landing, how to pop with your hips to pull your feet in and out, so now we're going to apply even more skill to the movement by kipping and rotating to get your body upright even faster. Sure, you can press and squat your way out through a few Burpees by muscling through it, but if you're doing a high volume you're going to need some skill to make it uber efficient. This also skill transfers right into our weightlifting where strength may help you get the bar off the ground, but skill will really help get your body under that weight fast for a strong position.
- My next Freestyle Connection movement seminar is this Saturday in Chicago at Windy City CrossFit.
- Last call for seminar requests to set our 2012 calendar.
- If you haven't put in a Mashable Award nomination for me, please do right >HERE< - I'd really appreciate it! It's the award for "Must-Follow Athlete" who makes the best use of social media... so this award is really to recognize for all of you who follow GWOD!