CrossFit Games Breakdown 12.2
Welcome to Week 2 of the 2012 CrossFit Games and we're going to break down 12.2! In this video we'll talk about some warm-up, key positions, movement patterns, and strategies to get you prepped and prime for high volume and high loads with your 10 minutes of Snatches.
Even for the stronger athletes, the key to this workout is getting the skill and technique down and keep it consistent throughout the whole workout. Strength may carry you through the first couple of steps in the ladder, but the weight jumps are big enough where if you don't have your skill nailed down the wall comes hard and fast.
- Watch KStar's 12.2 Movement Prep and Mechanics on MobilityWOD
- Shoulder Movement Prep:
- Arm Circles, and add global extension when arms are at the top
- Shoulder Passes with PVC pipe
- Hang in the bottom of your Dip on P-Bars, and add swing at the bottom of your dip
- Roll to Candlestick with hands down
- Push Up drops/balance, narrow and wide hand placement
- Ring Row drops/balance
- Headstand Kip to Push Up position
- Headstand Kip to Handstand, narrow and wide hand placement
Use these drills to get warm and really prime your shoulders and hips with a focus on the skill for the Snatch movement. Use the first step in the ladder to really exercise that skill so you can be confident to count on it when it gets heavy!